PetraVis is a game that places the player into a world made of unit sized cubes. This game was originally called “Steinkraft”. It was one of the first Minecraft clones available on mobile devices. Many months before the official Minecraft PE was released. During 2011 and 2012 it was quite popular on the iOS AppStore and Android Play Store. I also did a Windows Phone port.
- Procedurally generated terrain.
- Flat, sphere, pyramid terrain.
- Simple lighting and shadows.
- Rudimentary (W)LAN two player multiplayer.
- Day/night cycle
- Removing and placing new cubes.
- World saving/loading.
- Settings saving/loading.
- Explosives (TNT).
- Torches and ladders.
- Little aliens.
- Rails and carts.
Default Input & Opposed Input: (can be selected in the settings menu)
- Use the two virtual analog joysticks to move around and rotate your view.
- Press the circle on the top right to switch between dig- and put-mode.
Alternative Input: (can be selected in the settings menu)
- Use the joystick on the bottom left to move around.
- Drag across the screen to rotate.
- Tap&release very quick to add a new block.
- Tap&wait and then release to remove a block.
For any input method:
- Tap the circle showing a jumping stick figure to jump.
- Press the button centered on top to go back to the menu (progess gets saved).
- Tap the texture on the top left to show the texture selection overlay.
Double tap the jump button quickly to toggle fly mode.
In settings press twice on ALT so it says “ALT xPAD” to enable standard controls again.
Detonate TNT by placing fire near it.